So you want to work and travel in Canada!
To be eligible for the Australia Working Holiday Program (AUWHP) to Canada you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
- Hold an Australian passport valid for at least two years at time of application (contact IEP for advice if your passport is not valid for the next two years)
- Be aged between 18 to 30 years inclusive. (Your application must be stamped as received at the Canadian High Commission prior to or on your 31st birthday)
- Have no criminal convictions, including serious traffic convictions. Minor offences may be admissible. If you have any convictions please contact the IEP office prior to application.
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket
- Provide documentary evidence on arrival in Canada of access to approximately CA$2,500 (i.e. traveller's cheques, cash, current bank statements or term deposit certificates) to cover your initial support costs'
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your stay
If you have a question about your eligibility for the visa please give us a call on 03 9329 3866 or send us a message .
Application time: You should allow at least 8-12 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you have to attend an interview, have criminality, medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
The Canadian High Commission require a criminal record form to be included with every visa application. This means all participants on the Work Canada and Work Canada Job Fair Program will have to submit this form with their visa application. The Australia Federal Police (AFP) Check can take 15 days from the date it has been received and effectively adds 4- 6 weeks onto the application process. Please take this into consideration when selecting your desired departure date.