Is spending a Winter in Canada the Ultimate gap year experience?
Gap years are all about getting out of your comfort zone, experiencing a new culture and doing something completely different from your day to day life. Ask yourself; are you ready to swap the sun, surf and beaches for snowboarding/skiing, snow and mountains?!? If you said ‘yes’ maybe it’s time for that Canadian working holiday! The Work Canada Winter Jobs program offered by IEP is the perfect way to get organised for a working holiday in Canada. We will provide you with everything you need from visa assistance, ongoing support once you get to Canada and most importantly a guaranteed winter job before you even leave home!
Work a Winter in Canada on Work Canada Winter Jobs
- Visa assistance for your 23 month Canadian Working Holiday Visa.
- In-person job interviews with 2 winter employers of your choice at our job fair. The earlier you apply, the more choice you will have as this works on a first-in, first-served basis. Our job fair will be held in Auckland in August 2017. You can rest easy knowing that you will leave our job fair with a guaranteed winter job waiting for you in Canada.
- Pre-departure party where you can meet others on the program, held on the weekend of the job fair.
- Group flight deals to Canada with our in-house STA Agent will give you the chance to travel with fellow kiwis heading into the Canadian winter.
- Two nights’ accommodation when you arrive in Vancouver.
- A comprehensive orientation with SWAP (our partner in Canada) to run you through everything you will need, including help applying for your tax number and opening a bank account.
- Staff perks at your winter job like a free ski pass, staff discounts on food/drink and staff accommodation (depending on your employer).
- Free access to SWAP’s resources in Vancouver and Toronto including computers, internet, phones and exclusive job listings for when your winter season is over.
- 24/7 support in case anything goes wrong.
How do you make your Canadian Winter dream a reality?
APPLY: The first thing you will want to do is apply for our Work Canada Winter Jobs program on our website. Apply early to give yourself the best pick of everything. You can find our application form here.
VISA: Once we receive your application we will get in touch to walk you through the visa application process. From here we can start talking about where you’d like to work and what you’d like to.
WINTER JOBS: We have a range of employers for you to choose from and they each offer a different range of jobs. Check out our winter resorts here to get a feel for where you may end up. You’ll want to get in early as this is all first-in, first-served. We will give you more information on each employer to help you figure out which employers would be the best fit for you. You don’t need to be an expert level skier or snowboarder to work a winter job, there are all sorts of jobs available both indoors and outdoors – there is something for everyone.
INTERVIEWS: Your next step will be to attend our job fair where we bring all our Canadian employers together for you to meet. At our job fair you will have an in-person interview with 2 employers of your choice. By the end of our job fair you will have a guaranteed job ready for you in Canada.
GET READY TO HIT THE ROAD: From there the last few things to organise are your flights and insurance. You can expect to depart for Canada any time between mid-October and early December 2017, depending on your job contract.
ARRIVAL: Once you get to Canada you will have 2 nights’ accommodation and a comprehensive orientation with the team at SWAP and they will get you up and running with everything you need to start working. From there your last step will be to make the trip out to the ski resort that you will be working at for the winter. And that’s it! You’ll have made it and the only thing left to do is enjoy it!
Are you eligible for a Winter Job in Canada with IEP?
Check out the eligibility criteria on our website or give us a call on 1300 797 702.
Want more information?
Check out the program on our website and review the Work Canada Winter Jobs FAQs to learn more. Have a question? Just contact us here or give us a call on 0800 700 705 or come to a free information session!