So you’re itching to head overseas to embark on the age old OE tradition. Maybe you’ve been inspired by all the #winter #wanderlust photos slowly creeping onto your timeline and now you’re thinking how do I get there? Where would I live? Can I work when I’m overseas?
What is Work USA Winter Jobs?
Work USA Winter Jobs is a program run by IEP (that’s us) which might be able to help. If you are 18+ and currently enrolled in tertiary study or are a recent graduate you can use the Winter Jobs program to take care of both of your main concerns: how to get over to the States and how to start working once you get there! We are able to help you with getting a J1 US visa which will allow you to work and live in the States for 12 months. We also work with a variety of winter employers across the United States to sort you out with a job out before you even leave home. If you’re looking to work a winter in America, we can help!
Where will you be working?
We have 3 main winter employers who we work with in the States. Each employer will have a different range of jobs available, you could work as a ski instructor, a restaurant host/hostess, a liftie or a rental technician to name just a few examples. With each employer you can expect employee benefits like free ski passes, free local transport, discounted food & beverages and if you apply early there will even be staff accommodation options. It all depends on where you want to go and do, it’s completely up to you!
Mammoth Mountain, California
Mammoth is the tallest mountain in California, it boasts 300 sunshine days per year and long winter seasons. Mammoth is located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountain Range about 5 hours north of LA. Learn more about Mammoth Mountain here.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Jackson Hole is a world class resort set near the famous Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in Wyoming. On average Jackson Hole receives 459” of snow annually and has 133 marked trails across 2500 acres of terrain. Learn more about Jackson Hole here.
Aspen Snowmass, Colorado
Aspen Snowmass includes 4 separate resorts: Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, for a massive total of 329 marked trails, 43 lifts and 5 terrain parks. What better way to see the Colorado Rocky Mountains? Learn more about Aspen Snowmass here.
Perks of the Work USA Winter Jobs Program?
- Free ski pass and discounted passes to neighbouring resorts
- Staff accommodation (works on a first in, first served basis)
- Resort discounts on retail, rentals, lessons (discount depend on winter resort)
- Stress free application process. Applying for a US work visa can be stressful, we can step you through the process to make sure you get it done with as little stress as possible
- Guaranteed pre arranged job
- We will prepare you with everything you’ll need for life in the States with a comprehensive pre-departure orientation
- While you’re in the States we are always an email away and are happy to provide any support we can
- If you are a keen skier/snowboarder then guess what? You’re about to get much better after spending a full winter season working at a winter resort town. If you need a little help in that department or even if you’ve NEVER touched snow before don’t worry! This doesn’t mean you can’t work a winter season and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn to ski or snowboard or even both!
How to apply for Work USA Winter Jobs
Alright, so how do you even get on the program? The easiest way to start is to apply online here. After that, we have a simple process that will take you through the visa application and on to sorting out flights, insurance and employment.
Want more information?
Keen? Check out the program on our website and review the Work USA Winter Job FAQs to learn more. Have a question? Just contact us here, come to one of our free information evenings or call us on 1300 797 702.