ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA?
The Work Canada Summer Jobs program pre arranges work for the spring and summer season in Canada, starting anywhere from March to June and job contracts last for around 5-6 months.
You also need to be eligible for the International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday category to Canada. To be eligible you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
International Experience Canada Working Holiday Visa
To be eligible for the Australia International Experience Canada (IEC) visa to Canada you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
- Hold an Australian passport valid for at least two years at time of application (contact IEP for advice if your passport is not valid for the next two years)
- Be aged between 18 to 35 years inclusive. (Your application must be received by Citizenship Immigration Canada prior to or on your 36th birthday)
- Have no criminal convictions, including serious traffic convictions. Minor offences may be admissible. If you have any convictions please contact the IEP office prior to application.
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket
- Provide documentary evidence on arrival in Canada of access to approximately CA$2,500 (i.e. traveller’s cheques, cash, current bank statements or term deposit certificates) to cover your initial support costs
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your stay
If you have a question about your eligibility for the visa please give us a call on 1300 797 702 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application time: You should allow at least 8-12 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you have to attend an interview, have criminality, medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
Citizenship Immigration Canada require a criminal record form to be included with every visa application. This means all participants on the Work Canada Summer Jobs Program will have to submit this form with their visa application. The Australia Federal Police (AFP) check can take 15 days from the date it has been received and effectively adds 4- 6 weeks onto the application process. Please take this into consideration when selecting your desired departure date.