ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA?
To be eligible for the Work Canada Winter Jobs program you must be available to work an entire winter season in Canada. Our winter resort roles start anywhere from October to December and job contracts last for around 5-6 months. You can review each employer’s winter season on the Work Canada Winter Jobs Employers page.
Most roles do not require previous experience. Obviously previous experience is beneficial when applying for high-end hotel environments, but for many roles your best asset is a good attitude!
You also need to be eligible for the International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday category to Canada.
To be eligible you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
International Experience Canada Working Holiday Visa
To be eligible for the Australia International Experience Canada (IEC) visa to Canada you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
- Hold an Australian passport valid for at least two years at time of application (contact IEP for advice if your passport is not valid for the next two years)
- Be aged between 18 to 35 years inclusive. (Your application must be received by Citizenship Immigration Canada prior to or on your 36th birthday)
- Have no criminal convictions, including serious traffic convictions. Minor offences may be admissible. If you have any convictions please contact the IEP office prior to application.
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket
- Provide documentary evidence on arrival in Canada of access to approximately CA$2,500 (i.e. traveller’s cheques, cash, current bank statements or term deposit certificates) to cover your initial support costs
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your stay
If you have a question about your eligibility for the visa please give us a call on 1300 797 702 or email us at email@example.com
Application time: You should allow at least 8-12 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you have to attend an interview, have criminality, medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
Citizenship Immigration Canada require a criminal record form to be included with every visa application. This means all participants on the Work Canada and Work Canada Winter Jobs Program will have to submit this form with their visa application. The Australina Federal Police (AFP) check can take 15 days from the date it has been received and effectively adds 3-4 weeks onto the application process. Please take this into consideration when selecting your desired departure date.