ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN JAPAN?
To be eligible for the Work Japan Winter Jobs program you must be available to work an entire winter season in Japan. Winter resort start dates are typically in November/December and the season runs until April. You can review our Japan winter employers by visiting our Work Japan Winter Jobs Employers page.
Most roles do not require previous experience and no Japanese language skills are required. Obviously previous experience is beneficial when applying for high-end hotel environments, but your best asset is enthusiasm and a good attitude.
Obtaining the working holiday visa for Japan is fairly easy process and IEP will guide you through the entire to ensure it runs smoothly. Applications must be submitted from your country of citizenship.
To be eligible you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
- Be a Australia citizen with a valid Australian passport residing in Australia and be able to apply in person
- Be aged between 18 to 30 years (inclusive) at time of application
- Have no dependent children
- Be in good health and have no criminal record
- Have not previously obtained a Work Holiday Visa for Japan (on a passport of any country)
- Provide proof of sufficient funds to support initial stay in Japan – at least AU$2,500
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your visa
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket (further NZ$1,000)
You should allow at least 8-12 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you have medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
Remember that your main reason for visiting Japan is to holiday and that any work should be casual/temporary to supplement funds. Therefore, your application must show as much detail as possible to all the places you would like to visit and activities you would like to engage in.
Australian citizens who are travelling or living abroad will not be eligible.