WORK AT MARMOT BASIN
If you’ve ever dreamt of working in a National Park in Canada where the wildlife is abundant and the lifestyle is laidback, Marmot Basin is for you.
- Season: Typically Late October/Early November – Late May
- Terrain: 86 trails, 1675 acres of skiing and snowboarding terrain. 30% Novice, 30% Intermediate, 20% Advanced and 20% Expert; evenly split on upper and lower mountain. Longest run – 5.6 km (3.5 miles).
- Snowfall: Average of 400cm (160) per season
- Province: Alberta
- Accommodation: Yes
- Minimum Age: 18
- Interview location: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane
Marmot Basin provides staff accommodation for all staff if you would like to take up this option.
- The accommodation is on a share basis with 2 people per unit, or in a rental house 2 people per bedroom.
- The majority of the Marmot Basin staff housing has 2 beds, 2 dressers, a kitchen table and 2 chairs.
- The basic cost is $12.50/person/day with a damage deposit of $150.00/person
- Other rates may apply depending on type of accommodation. Payment will be from payroll deduction.
Jobs at Marmot Basin
Pay rates at Marmot Basin begin at CA$12.20/hour.
Types of jobs available at Marmot Basin:
- Lift Operator
- Nursery Attendant
- Rental Technician
- Repair Technician
- Retail Shop Sales Clerk
- Ski Patrol
- Ticket Control Scanner
- Ticket Sales Coordinator
- Transportation (Parking)
Perks of working at Marmot Basin
Staff benefits for Marmot Basin emloyees include:
- Season pass including reciprocal lift pass agreements with other resorts
- Ride breaks – depending on role at resort
- Complimentary staff bus transportation
- One 50% off lift pass per month for friends and family
- 50% off food & 30% off retail items
- Organised staff functions throughout the season
- Stores in Jasper offer discount to Marmot Basin staff