WORK AT VISTA RIDGE
Vista Ridge is located in Northern Alberta, 30 minutes from downtown Fort McMurray. Based in a river valley, the ski hill offers a unique experience of the Canadian ski industry. As employees of a small ski area, staff typically work in multiple departments throughout the season and get experience in many aspects of the ski industry. With terrain park features on most runs, Vista Ridge offers a different set of challenges to ski and ride.
Vista Ridge are looking for employees who want an experience of the snow sports industry and are willing to work hard. While not for the faint-hearted, a season at Vista Ridge offers more in terms of experience, development and financial reward than most resorts in North America!
- Season: Mid November – Early April
- Terrain: 25% green (beginner), 60% blue (intermediate), 12% black (advanced)
- Snowfall: 1.5m per year, supported by 100% snowmaking coverage
- Province: Alberta
- Accommodation: Yes
- Minimum Age: 18
- Interview location: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane
All staff receive accommodation at Vista Ridge. The resort has developed its own staff village on site; 2, 3 and 4 bedroom cabins make a total of 25 rooms to house employees. Each cabin is fully furnished with all cooking equipment/utensils and cable TV. The village aslo has an outdoor hot-tub, fire pit and laundry facilities.
- Rent is $350 per month and is deducted from your wages. This includes all power/gas/water.
- A $200 damage and cleanliness deposit is required; this is deducted from your first check and is refundable after an end of season inspection to make sure your cabin has been kept in good condition.
Jobs at Vista Ridge
Pay rates at Vista Ridge start at CA$14.50/hour.
Vista Ridge want to make the most of all their employees’ skills and experience so rather than offer loads of different jobs, we simplify the process: You just have to tell us if you have a preference for working indoors or working outdoors (or a little of both) don’t worry, there’s still opportunity to do both regardless of your initial choice.
Most staff at Vista will teach some ski or snowboard lessons, and there is also an opportunity to work towards an instructor qualification during the season.
Jobs at Vista Ridge:
- Outside Operations – may include lift operations, snowmaking, terrain park etc
- Inside Operations – may include office, cafeteria, rental shop, bar etc
- Summer Operations – for winter employees who would like to stay longer
Perks of Working at Vista Ridge
Staff benefits include:
- Free ski pass
- Assist with the running of a Canadian ski resort. Work a variety of positions, rather than just one for the entire season
- Great staff deals on ski and snowboard gear
- Reciprocal discounts at other ski resorts throughout Alberta
- Staff accommodation: 2, 3 and 4 bedroom fully furnished cabins with hot-tub /firepit and your own bedroom
- Discount on food and beverages at Vista Ridge