ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE WORK CANADA PROGRAM?
To participate for the Work Canada Culinary program you must be eligible for the International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday category to Canada and also have some specific commercial kitchen experience. You can review the IEC working holiday visa guidelines below.
If you have any criminal convictions or have any questions surrounding the visa guidelines please contact us or give us a call on 1300 797 702
International Experience Canada Working Holiday Visa
To be eligible for the Australia International Experience Canada (IEC) visa to Canada you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
- Hold an Australian passport valid for at least two years at time of application (contact IEP for advice if your passport is not valid for the next two years)
- Be aged between 18 to 35 years inclusive. (Your application must be received by Citizenship Immigration Canada prior to or on your 36th birthday)
- Have no criminal convictions, including serious traffic convictions. Minor offences may be admissible. If you have any convictions please contact the IEP office prior to application.
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket
- Provide documentary evidence on arrival in Canada of access to approximately CA$2,500 (i.e. traveller’s cheques, cash, current bank statements or term deposit certificates) to cover your initial support costs
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your stay
Previous Kitchen Experience
Only participants with prior experience in a commercial kitchen will be accepted for Work Canada Culinary. There are a few requirements of how much experience you must have:
- With formal culinary arts qualifications: 1-2 years kitchen experience
- Without formal culinary arts qualifications: 2-4 years kitchen experience
If you have a question about your eligibility for the visa please give us a call on 1300 797 702 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application time: You should allow at least 8-12 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you have to attend an interview, have criminality, medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
Citizenship Immigration Canada require a criminal record form to be included with every visa application. This means all participants on the Work Canada Program will have to submit this form with their visa application. The Australia Federal Police (AFP) check can take 15 days from the date it has been received and effectively adds 4- 6 weeks onto the application process. Please take this into consideration when selecting your desired departure date.