Are you eligibile to Work in Germany?
That’s a great question! There are some strict criteria to meet if you are wanting to live and work in Germany. To be eligible you must satisfy in full the criteria listed below:
Working Holiday Visa for Germany
- Be an Australian citizen with a valid Australian passport residing in Australia and be able to apply in person
- Be aged between 18 to 30 years (inclusive) at time of application
- Applicants cannot apply more than 3 months in advance of entry into Germany
- Cannot be accompanied by any children
- Be in good health and have no criminal record
- Have not previously obtained a Work Holiday Visa for Germany (on a passport of any country)
- Provide proof of sufficient funds to support initial stay in Germany – at least AUD$7100 (if you can provide proof of free accommodation the amount drops to $1800AUD)
- Have an insurance policy for the duration of your visa
- Be travelling on a return/onward passage ticket, or have additional proof of funds to show you can purchase such a ticket (further AUD$1,000)
You should allow at least 6 -8 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however, it can take longer depending on if you have background issues or if the processing time increases.
Australians who are travelling or living abroad will not be eligible.