WORK JAPAN WINTER JOBS TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK JAPAN WINTER JOBS Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 1300 797 702.
For our Instagram Giveaway and Winter 2020 promotion terms and conditions please see the end of this page **
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Japan Winter Jobs pages on IEP’s website www.iep.com.au . I agree that my application to, and participation in, the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program deposit fee of $295 AUD is payable on submission of my application.
- All prices are subject to change without notice and acceptance onto the program is not guaranteed until full payment is received, and a pre-screening interview has been completed.
- Payment of the remainder of the program fee can be made in two instalments. $350AUD must be paid to IEP upon submission of the applicants working holiday visa application to the relevant Japan consulate. $350AUD must be paid to IEP before the participant is scheduled in for an interview with prospective employers. The program participant is welcome to pay these fees in a lump sum prior to either of these events. The total program fee is $995AUD.
- Departure from Australia must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- I acknowledge that as a Japanese Working Holiday Visa holder, I must register for the National Health Insurance Scheme once in Japan. This will cover me for the cost of 70% of the costs for simple/basic medical treatments. It is recommended that I also purchase a travel insurance policy to cover me for any remaining medical costs that may occur.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote.
- Applicants must arrive into Japan with evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the Working Holiday Visa Japan (dependent on which state of Australia the applicant is submitting their application in)
- Applicants must submit a final travel itinerary, travel insurance policy (if applicable) and a copy of Working Holiday Visa Japan to IEP at least three weeks prior to departure from Australia. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of their first night’s accommodation and may impact the validity of the applicant’s employment contract.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations. IEP are not responsible for third party change fees.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
- Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation and those set by external suppliers of the applicant’s travel arrangements. These include (but are not limited to) airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers.
- Applicants are advised not to pay for travel arrangements (e.g. airfares, hotels etc.) without having a visa in their possession. The visa processing time can vary between consulates and issuance is not guaranteed. Visa rejection and visa rulings are at the discretion of the relevant consulates and not the jurisdiction of IEP. IEP does not take responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by third parties associated with visa application or denial.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult our in-house travel agent (STA Travel) when booking any flights. Our in-house travel agent has assisted many previous IEP participants with their travel bookings by offering very competitive airfares, as well as providing strong knowledge of what types of tickets works best for our working holiday programs.
Working Holiday Visa Japan
- I understand that the Consular or Embassy of Japan can only issue a Working Holiday Visa to individuals aged 18-30 years inclusive.
- I understand that I must apply for this Working Holiday Visa for Japan in Australia as I am an Australian passport holder. My home address will determine which location I can apply for the visa at. IEP will provide information on where I need to lodge my application. Furthermore I understand that I must remain in Australia for the duration of the visa processing time.
- I understand that the Working Holiday Visa Japan is not designed for persons who mainly intend to work. The applicants’ primary purpose of stay should be “holiday” in Japan so the applicants who intend to work primarily cannot apply for this visa. Working Holiday participants are strictly prohibited from working at places affecting public morals such as bars, cabarets, nightclubs etc.
- Visa applications must be lodged a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the intended departure date. IEP cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a visa, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the port of entry. Visa fees may not be refunded if a visa is refused.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything before submitting their visa application.
- The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction reserves the right to request additional information from Work Japan Winter Jobs applicants. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants must provide IEP with a copy of their relevant working holiday visa at least 4 weeks prior to departure from Australia.
Acceptance onto the Program
- Acceptance onto the Work Japan Winter Jobs program is subject to a pre-screening interview by IEP.
- Acceptance of any applicant onto the program is entirely at the discretion of IEP.
- Applicants removed from the program by IEP before acceptance will be eligible for a full refund or to have their full program fee transferred to an alternate IEP program of the applicant’s choice.
Attendance of Job Interview(s)
- Applicants must attend their Skype interview(s) at the advised time. Exact times of the interview(s) will be provided to the participant by either IEP or the employer.
- Applicants will be asked to nominate employer preferences. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they meet the requirements of all nominated employers, including start dates, season length, language ability, age restrictions and previous experience. Start dates, Position Descriptions and employment guidelines are not negotiable and applicants who nominate employers whose requirements they cannot meet will not be eligible for any refund if unsuccessful.
- Applicants should specify at least two positions of interest with each employer, but must be flexible with what type of position they will be willing to accept.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they go into their interview prepared and make every effort to secure a job offer from each employer.
- If an applicant is offered a job offer from their first Skype interview IEP do not have to arrange a further interview.
- Applicants who fail to attend their scheduled interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
Job Offers and Acceptance
- Upon completion of the job interview, the employer will notify IEP if they wish to offer the applicant a position.
- Job Offers are not guaranteed and it is the applicant’s responsibility to make every effort to secure a job offer during the interview process.
- Applicants who are offered a position but choose to reject it will not be eligible for any refund of the program fee. Such applicants may transfer their entire program fee to an alternate IEP program. No refund will be given for any portion of the program fee.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer must notify IEP immediately. IEP will then arrange an interview with the applicant’s next employer preference, until all employer options are exhausted.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer after exhausting all employer options through no fault of their own will be given the option to transfer their program fee to an alternate IEP program or receive a full refund of their IEP program fee. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of IEP and assessed according to each individual’s circumstance.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer but who do not notify IEP will not be eligible for any refund.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
- I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application but before the balance of the programme fee is paid, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations made after the programme fee has been paid in full, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded. However, in some circumstance as stated in subsequent clauses in this Cancellation Policy, no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations as a result of failing to attend your job interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after accepting a position will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made within 2 months of departure, or after departure from Australia, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from my application being received by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to the Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction or after departure from Australia, will not be eligible for a refund.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
Your IEP deposit is protected for life and you can use your deposit payment against any other IEP programme. Deposit amounts vary by programme and you should refer to your programme specific conditions. Your deposit has no cash value, is non-refundable and only one lifetime deposit can be used per person per product booked. Once your application has progressed to placement or visa application stage your deposit will be deemed ‘used’ and will therefore be non-transferable.
- I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.
** Instagram Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Program giveaway applies to the Work Canada Winter Jobs program or the Work Japan Winter Jobs program only.
- To enter and be eligible to win, candidates must have commented on the Instagram post found at @travelworkexplore and tagged at least one other individual account, be following @travelworkexplore and have shared the giveaway post in their Instagram story.
- Two programs will be awarded to an entrant, one for themselves and another for a friend/other person of the winners choice.
- Competition winner(s) must meet the criteria of the visa eligibility for the desired program, found at www.iep.com.au.
- Customers who have already applied for an IEP program are not eligible for the giveaway.
Redeeming the offer
- Winner(s) must plan to depart in conjunction with the 2020 Winter Season starting in Nov/Dec 2020 to redeem the offer. If reasons beyond our control stop you travelling during this period, we will honour your free program(s) for the 2021 season.
- This offer will run between the 29th May 2020 – 15th June 2020 and will be randomly drawn on June 15th.
- A total of 2 free programs will be awarded to one Instagram user for 2 separate individuals of the winners choice.
- Eligible programs to redeem are the Work Canada Winter Jobs program ($995) for free or the Work Japan Winter Jobs program ($995) for free.
- Visa fees, flights, travel insurance and other third party costs are not included.
- IEP reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. Any changes will be posted on IEP’s Instagram @travelworkexplore. All other program T&Cs unrelated to program fees apply.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
** Winter 2020 Promotion Terms and Conditions
Winter 2020 promotion
- The name listed on the booking must meet the criteria of the visa eligibility for the specific programme you are booking, found at www.iep.com.au.
- This offer is available to new and existing deposit only bookings. See the redeeming offer section for further information on how to redeem this offer and offer terms.
Redeeming the offer
- The offer can be redeemed on new and existing deposit only bookings. To receive the offer, you must book your programme with IEP by August 1st 2020;
New bookings – a minimum of the programme deposit must be paid by August 1st 2020;
Existing deposit only bookings – the full payment of your programme must be paid by August 1st 2020;
- This offer will run between the 20th May 2020 – August 1st 2020.
- Offers in which a financial discount is applied to a programme can be redeemed with online bookings or phone bookings only.
- Customers who have paid their programme fee in full before the 20th May 2020 are not eligible for the promotion.
- Offer only available for direct bookings through IEP.
- The job placement process will only start once full payment is received by IEP and not otherwise.
The following offers are available on the Winter 2020 promotion.
- Free upgrade from Work Canada to Work Canada Winter Jobs, Summer Jobs or City Jobs – save $300
- $300 discount on our Work Japan Winter Jobs programme
- Free upgrade from our Work USA 4-month self-placed programme to Work USA 4 month with job placement – save $400
- Free upgrade from our Work USA 12 month programme to Work USA winter jobs (12 month J1 visa) – save $200
Travellers can plan to depart in conjunction with the 2020 or 2021 season(s). If reasons beyond your control stop you travelling during your desired period, you can defer your program or use your payment as credit towards another IEP programme. For our general terms and conditions please see here.
- IEP reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. Any changes will be posted on IEP’s website www.iep.com.au . It is the responsibility of all applicants to keep themselves informed of any changes to the offers.