WORK USA TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK USA Terms & Conditions
IEP Pty Ltd USA programs have developed over many years. Their success is due in large part to the positive relationship among employers, program participants and IEP Pty Ltd s partner organisations. To help us to protect the interests of IEP Pty Ltd participants and to safeguard the existence of the program for future students, it is essential that all parties play their roles in a responsible and mutually supportive manner.
The people and organisations that work together to operate Work USA include:
- IEP Pty Ltd : We handle things this side of the Pacific.
- IENA: The US J-1 Sponsor who provides your support services during your participation on the program. They must approve all employment and are ultimately responsible for your program participation and welfare whilst you are in the USA.
- Employers: We remind employers of their obligations to Work USA participants and ask them to treat you fairly and reasonably.
You: We expect you to act as responsible employees and program participants and to abide by the program conditions. Therefore we ask you to read the following conditions and sign at the bottom to confirm that you have understood them and agree to them.
The DS-2019 (certificate of eligibility for Exchange Visitor J-1 visa), an integral component of the Work USA program, imposes three interlinked sets of conditions.
A. IEP Pty Ltds Work USA program conditions and eligibility requirements
B. The J-1 Sponsor ( IENA) conditions and regulations
C. The US Government Exchange Visitor J-1 Visa and SEVIS requirements.
Details of participants’ responsibilities in relation to these components are contained in the program Terms and Conditions.
Before applying for the Work USA program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP Pty Ltd at 03 9329 3866.
Terms And Conditions:
I, being the person applying for the Work USA program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the information on the Work USA (“WUSA”) website. I agree that my application to, and participation in, the Work USA program, as operated by IEP Pty Ltd shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
The applicable program fee is payable when I submit my application.
WORKING IN THE USA
I understand that:
- All jobs must be approved by the Visa sponsor, IENA, before I begin work.
- If I apply to Work USA with a job, acceptance to the program includes approval for this job. My employer’s details will be printed on the DS-2019 section 1/line 4.
- If section 1/line 4 of my DS-2019 says ‘c/o IENA’, I must receive permission for any job before starting work
- If I change jobs, before or after arrival in the US, I must receive permission to leave the old job and take the new job.
- If I take a secondary job, I may not start work there until I have received permission from IENA and my primary employer.
- I understand that such permission will not unreasonably be withheld by IENA provided I am still in program compliance.IEP Pty Ltd will provide information regarding submitting job offers for approval.
- I must honour any contractual commitment to a US employer and must: a) abide by the terms of my contract, b) comply with all employer rules and company policies, c) behave honestly, courteously and responsibly.
- SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System)
I agree to follow all instructions with regard to SEVIS, specifically:
- I will notify IEP Pty Ltd immediately if my planned date of entry to the US changes forwards or backwards. A change in my arrival date may require a change in my DS-2019; if applicable, I will be responsible for the $130 cost for a new DS-2019.
- I will notify IEP Pty Ltd immediately if, after registering for the program, my passport details change in any way or I obtain a new passport. Your passport number details are held by IENA and vital for you ‘initial validation’
- I will enter into the US prior to the expiry of my eligibility, to avoid forfeiture of my place on the program.
- I will return the ‘initial validation form to IENA(i.e. provide accurate details of my American residential address, phone number and e-mail address plus employment data, if applicable) as soon as possible, but no later than 10 days after the FROM-date in section 3 of my DS-2019.
- I agree to provide a brief program assessment every 60 days I am in the USA. This includes feedback from both me and my employer at the time. I understand that this is a program requirement.
- In addition, I will inform IENA every time I change my residential address/contact information during the work phase of my program.
I will purchase a travel insurance policy for the duration of my visa (12 months, or longer if required) and will arrange separate travel insurance cover for any travel outside of North America. I understand that if my travel insurance policy should lapse for any reason my j-1 visa status will be cancelled.
- If I cancel from the program, I agree to notify IEP Pty Ltd and return the DS-2019 no later than the FROM-date of the DS-2019.
Exchange Visitor J1 Visa
In order to work legally in the United States I must process my DS-2019, once IEP Pty Ltdhas given it to me, to obtain an Exchange Visitor Program J-1 visa through a US consulate within Australia. The US government applies a separate charge for this process and I agree to pay this cost (approximately US$160 plus the SEVIS fee of US$35), and any additional and/or new fees which the US government imposes. I also understand that US government fees are non-refundable even if my visa is denied by the US consulate.
Furthermore I understand that:
- My DS-2019 work authorisation is valid for up to a maximum of twelve months, indicated by the dates in Section 3 on my DS-2019. In addition, I may remain in the USA without work authorisation (as a tourist) up to 30-days “grace period” after the TO-date in Section 3.
My J-1 visa cannot be extended.
- Attendance at a pre departure orientation as specified by IEP Pty Ltd is compulsory for all Work USA participants.
- Participants are responsible for all travel, personal or incidental expenses before, during and after the work commitment.
- It is an IENA program condition, in accordance with the ECA requirement, that all participants hold a return ticket to their home country at the end of their Exchange Visitor Program, prior to their Australian departure date.
- Any problems caused through my deviation from these and other Sponsor instructions are my own responsibility.
- Any false, misleading or withheld information on my Application Form and/or any inappropriate behaviour by myself during my participation on the program that in any way damages or brings into disrepute IEP Pty Ltd, IENA or the Work USA program may be considered grounds for immediate cancellation of my application or further participation on the program without any refund.
- I understand that if I fail to comply with any of these conditions at any time, my DS-2019 work authorisation may be terminated and I may be required by the Sponsor to leave the United States immediately. I have read and agree to abide by the terms of the Participant Agreement above and by the Program Terms and Conditions
- I must abide by the terms and conditions set by IEP Pty Ltd relevant overseas host organisation, as advised in writing by IEP Pty Ltd prior to departure from Australia.
- Travel insurance coverage is mandatory for all participants under the US government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy for the full duration of the visa (12 months).
- I must take with me evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the relevant country and host organisation’s rules.
- I must abide by the terms and conditions set by the individual companies and operators. These include airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers. If I am uncertain about these terms and conditions I must contact IEP Pty Ltd prior to departure.
- I must advise IEP Pty Ltd immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations.
- I understand the Work USA program is open to full time tertiary students or recent graduates who have studies full time and graduated within the last 12 months and I must enter the USA within 12 months of the date that I completed my studies and was eligible to graduate.
- I understand I cannot be accompanied by a spouse or dependents unless they are independently eligible for the Work USA program
- I understand I must be 18 years of age or older, and a holder of an Australian or New Zealand Passport.
I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP Pty Ltd, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. (If booked through STA Travel an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will be charged)
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application but before the balance of the programme fee is paid, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations made after the programme fee has been paid in full, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded. However, in some circumstance as stated in subsequent clauses in this Cancellation Policy, no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations made after the request for the DS-2019 has been lodged will not be eligible for a refund. If I withdraw from the program after receiving a DS-2019 I must immediately return this form to IEP Pty Ltd together with my written cancellation. IEP Pty Ltd will then return the DS-2019 to the program sponsor.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of departure, or after departure from Australia will not be eligible for a refund.
All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP Pty Ltd prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP Pty Ltd (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of
- the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP Pty Ltd
IEP Pty Ltdreserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP Pty Ltd before any refund is approved.
I have read and understood all the program conditions and eligibility requirements, and to the best of my knowledge I am eligible for the relevant visa and program for which I am applying. I further declare that all the statements I have made in my application are true. I recognise that any false declaration on my part may result in consequential expenditure. I agree to abide by all applicable government visa and passport rules and the program rules of IEP Pty Ltdand the relevant overseas host organisation.
I understand that IEP Pty Ltd is required to screen and select suitable applicants for the WUSA program and will assess my suitability based on my application and an interview conducted by an IEP Pty Ltd representative. I will only be accepted on the WUSA program after the IEP Pty Ltd assessment process has been completed. IEP Pty Ltd decision is final.
I agree to abide by all US Government visa and passport rules applicable to me and all the WUSA rules of IEP Pty Ltd and IENA, including those set out in this application form and the program materials provided in Australia by IEP Pty Ltd and in the USA by IENA
I understand IEP Pty Ltd cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. I am eligible for the WUSA program and know of no reason why I may be refused a visa by the US Consulate
I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes.
I agree to comply with US Government visa application and SEVIS requirements. I understand that if I fail to comply with any program, sponsor or SEVIS conditions or if I behave in any way to bring the J1 program into disrepute, my program status may be terminated and I may be required to leave the USA immediately. Filling out the application form means that I have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.